Le Laperouse and The Ghan
16 Day Package Holiday
09th JULY to 27th JULY 2019
Price From $17,499pp Twin Share
INCLUDES: RETURN FLIGHTS, ACCOMMODATION, CRUISE, TRAIN & TOUR
Discover the best of both worlds and experience Australia by land, sea and rail on a once-in-a-lifetime outback adventure exclusive to Kimberley Travel & Cruise.
You may also like our exclusive The Ghan & Le Laperouse Package.
2 Free Nights Accommodation With Every Cruise Booked
Flights, Accommodation & Tour
Flights from Mainland Capital city to Broome with Virgin Australia – 3 nights in a Bay View Suite at Moonlight Bay Suites (alternative hotels available at an additional cost- please ask reservations for details). Broome sights tour on first evening.
Le Laperouse Cruise
10 nights on board Le Laperouse in a Deluxe Stateroom with balcony and all onboard meals, drinks and excursions included from Darwin to Broome (Prestige deck 4 and 5 upgrade options available).
VIEW CRUISE DETAILS».
2 nights accommodation at Mantra on the Esplanade Darwin (alternate hotels available at an additional cost- please ask reservations for details)
Transfer & The Ghan
Transfer to station for 4 day/3 night – Ghan Expedition. To intimately experience the very best the heart of our nation has to offer, the four-day three-night Ghan Expedition truly is a journey beyond. In addition to exploring Katherine on your first day of this all-inclusive adventure, there is a full day of touring Alice Springs that concludes with dinner under the stars, plus another full day exploring the truly unique underground mining town of Coober Pedy.
Wake-up on your final day to a view of the Flinders Ranges outside your window and then it's on to Adelaide
VIEW TRAIN DETAILS»
Home from Adelaide to nearest Mainland Capital City.
DAY 1 - Depart Adelaide
Step aboard the legendary Ghan at noon and take time acquainting yourself with our friendly staff and your comfortable private cabin.
Once you've settled in and the big wheels start turning, make your way to the classically styled Queen Adelaide Restaurant carriage for a delicious lunch, accompanied by your choice of fine wines. With all meals and beverages included in your Platinum or Gold Service fare, you can afford to leave your credit card tucked away in your cabin.
Watch the rolling pastoral lands of South Australia merge into rugged mallee scrub. Marvel as the spectacular Flinders Ranges disappear into the horizon, all the while enjoying the solitude of your cabin, reading or catching up on your favourite podcast, then mingling with fellow travellers in the Lounge car for afternoon tea.
A three course meal in the Queen Adelaide Restaurant is bound to satisfy and as darkness falls outside the train's windows, talk inevitably turns to the impressive outback gourmet menu. Entrees include a South Australian Regional Seafood Tasting Plate, a succulent rack of lamb for mains, and your choice of desserts including a regional cheese plate with Barossa Valley brie, Limestone Coast clothed cheddar and Lobethal goat blue. The selection of wines is equally outstanding and staff are expert in helping you find the perfect drop to match your meal.
DAY 2 - The Centre
Wake up with a coffee or juice and witness an unforgettable outback sunrise at our new morning stop in Marla in the remote reaches of SA. For those travelling Southbound, you'll be treated to an amazing showcase of outback stars in Manguri, a remote town around 40kms from Coober Pedy.
Back on board, it's time for brunch. Enjoy a light bite from the extensive menu or order something a little more substantial - perhaps a full breakfast complete with eggs just the way you like them. And while you're in the Queen Adelaide Restaurant why not try the Belgium chocolate waffle with strawberries, chocolate saucy and double cream? You are on holiday after all! After a few more coffees, fresh juices and more incredible outback scenery, you'll be arriving in iconic Alice Springs.
Here you can glimpse the history of yesteryear, the thriving culture and unique lifestyle of today. Visit local landmarks, or take a front row seat at a spectacular bird show at the Desert Park. To fully appreciate this breathtaking part of Australia, you might like to take a helicopter ride over the ancient MacDonnell Ranges. Experience this 300 million year old mountain range's unique beauty with 360 degree views. Alternatively experience a serene camel ride across incredible ochre land or continue further into the interior of Australia and visit the iconic Uluru and Kata Juta.
Back on the train there's time to talk through the day's discoveries with newfound friends in the Outback Explorer Lounge before freshening up for dinner in the Queen Adelaide Restaurant. Tonight, try the Roasted kangaroo fillet with crocodile boudin blanc, potato purée and quandong jus. Crocodile has long been a Northern Territory bushfood staple. The crocodile boudin blanc (white sausage) featured on the menu has been created in collaboration with award-winning smallgoods purveyor, Barossa Fine Foods.
DAY 3 - Katherine to Darwin
Welcome to Katherine! Upon reaching the Northern Territory you'll enjoy another full breakfast before leaving the train for a day of cultural delights. Endless options await in Katherine.
Enjoy a leisurely cruise on the Katherine River gazing in wonder at towering sandstone cliffs. Alternatively, gain an insight into the culture and ways of the traditional owners of Nitmiluk, the Jawoyn people, with an exclusive cultural experience. Spend the day with the Aboriginal people, sharing their culture, learning their ways and trying some of the skills developed over thousands of years. Activities include basket weaving; spear throwing, fire lighting, painting, and learning the Didgeridoo.
You can choose to upgrade your excursion with a helicopter or scenic flight over Kakadu and Nitmiluk National Parks where aside from magnificent views, you may witness 'Bolung', the rainbow serpent who is believed to inhabit the deep green pools found in the Second Gorge.
A late lunch awaits back on board – possibly the Grilled goldband snapper fillet, steamed asparagus spears, with orange, cranberry, parsley and papitas cous cous with a saffron aioli. Then kick backback, and savour the last few hours of this epic journey.
Roll into Darwin at 5.30pm then ease back into 'life on the land' exploring the harbour, the bars and restaurants of this laid back Top End city.
2019 Dates & Prices for Le Laperouse & The Ghan Exclusive Package
|18 Days - Adelaide to Broome|
|Per Person||Twin Share|
|09 July to 27 July||$17,499pp|
|Prices are based on a Cabin. To upgrade:|
|Prestige Deck 4||$18,789pp|
Call 1300 197 351 for up to date availability.
- Flights from your capital city to Broome
- 3 nights in a Bay View Suite at Moonlight Bay Suites in a Bay View Suite (alternative hotels available at an additional cost- please ask reservations for details)
- Broome sightseeing tour
- 10 nights on board Le Laperouse in a Deluxe Stateroom with balcony and all onboard meals, drinks and excursions included from Darwin to Broome (Prestige deck 4 upgrade option available)
- 2 nights accommodation at Mantra on the Esplanade Darwin (alternate hotels available at an additional cost- please ask reservations for details)
- Gold Service Twin Cabin with all onboard meals on The Ghan from Adelaide to Darwin
- Flights from Adelaide to your capital city (via Perth)
- Advertised ‘from’ price is based on travel in Deluxe Stateroom on Le Laperouse and in Gold Class on the Ghan. Additional costs apply for travel in higher category staterooms. Single prices available upon request – very limited single options. A minimum deposit of 20% of package price is required within 3 days of booking being made. A second deposit of $2000 per person will be due by 31 October 2018. Final payment will be due no later than 18 February 2019.
- Payments can be made by bank transfer or credit cards. The following fees apply to credit card payments: All Visa and Master Card (issued in Australia) 1.8% Amex 2.75%. Flower Travel is fully compliant with the RBA and ACCC Rules Relating credit card surcharges. For International Cards please enquire. Fees include contactless debit card transactions.
- Airfares are with Virgin Australia and will be booked by Flower Travel at time of booking. Once confirmed flights cannot be amended. Earlier departure to Adelaide and later departure from Broome is possible but must be advised at time of booking; a surcharge may apply. Flights with Qantas available at a surcharge. Once ticketed flights are non-refundable and non-changeable. Names on flight bookings must match passengers’ photo ID.
- For operational reasons hotels in Adelaide and Darwin may be changed for a hotel of a similar standard.
All bookings are subject to standard BOOKING CONDITIONS