Big Bus Darwin Explorer
Discover Darwin, the tropical capital city in the Top End of Australia’s Northern Territory.
2 Free Nights Accommodation With Every Cruise Booked
Offering a relaxed outdoor lifestyle much of Darwin’s social activities take place out of doors – at festivals, attractions and open air markets, in parks, reserves, by the beach or on Darwin Harbour.
Rich in indigenous culture, Darwin also boasts having some of the best collections of Aboriginal art in Australia.
Learn about Darwin’s war-time involvement in WWII with a visit to the Military Museum or get up close and personal with a saltwater crocodile!
The Big Bus Darwin Explorer offers 1 or 2 days Hop-On Hop-Off tickets which allows you to plan your own itinerary and visit the landmarks and attractions at your own pace. An entertaining and informative commentary is offered on all of our open-top double-decker sightseeing buses.
Be sure to bring a hat, sunscreen and of course your camera.
Tours run all day, every day.
Ticket includes both 60/70 and 90 minute tours
Duration: Each tour is 60/70 or 90 minutes
Season: Tour times are subject to change due to public holidays, weather conditions and cruise ship arrivals. Closed Christmas Day. Please call for specific scheduling.
Ticket Validity: 1 or 2 day tickets
Daily Departures – Seasonal Tour Times
|60 minute tour starting from Stop 1||9:00||10:00||11:00|
|90 minute tour||12:00||1:30||3:00|
17th September 2016 – 14th April 2017
The first 60 minute tour departs from stop 1 at 9:00am with departures every 60 minutes until 11:00am.
From 12:00 noon the first 90 minute tour (including East Point Military Museum) departs from stop 1 with departures every 90 minutes.
The last tour departs from stop 1 at 3:00pm and finishes at 4:30pm.
|70 minute tour starting from Stop 1||9:00||9:35||10:10||10:45||11:20||11:55|
|90 minute tour||12:30||1:15||2:00||2:45||3:30||4:15|
15th April – 16th September 2017
The first 70 minute tour departs from stop 1 at 9:00am with departures every 35 minutes until 11:55am.
From 12:30pm the first 90 minute tour (including East Point Military Museum) departs from stop 1 with departures every 45 minutes.
The last tour departs from Stop 1 at 4:15pm.
You may join the tour at any Darwin Explorer stops along the route.
Advance purchased vouchers available.
|1 Day Ticket||Adult||Child||Senior||Family|
|2 Day Ticket||Adult||Child||Senior||Family|
Call 1300 197 351 for up to date availability.
1. Tourist Information Centre Cnr Smith St and Bennett St (southern side of The Mall)
2. Crocosaurus Cove (Look for the bay with yellow striped lines) Mitchell St near corner of Peel St
3. Doctor’s Gully, Aquascene Fish Feeding (Look for the bay with yellow striped lines) Mitchell St near corner of Daly St
4. Cullen Bay Jetty Marina Boulevard
5. Cullen Bay Apartments, Myilly Point Heritage Precinct Marina Boulevard (Stop by request only)
6. Casino, Mindil Markets, Botanical Gardens Gilruth Ave (near Tennis Courts) Complimentary drop off to the Markets for ticket holders
7. Museum and Art Gallery of Northern Territory Conacher St
7a. Military Museum - Defence of Darwin Experience (90 minute tour only) Alec Fong Lim Drive
8. Parap, Parap Markets (Markets held on Saturdays only) 46 Ross Smith Ave (near cnr of Freer St) (Stop by request only)
9. Stokes Hill Wharf RFDS / Military Museum, Sunset Harbour Cruises
10. Waterfront Precinct Kitchener Drive (below overpass)
11. Fort Hill Wharf (Cruise Ship Terminal) Kitchener Drive